How to Delete Contacts from Mailchimp
In this article, we’ll show you how to permanently delete contacts from Mailchimp for GDPR and CCPA compliance reasons.
Things worth knowing about deleting Mailchimp contacts:
- Anything deleted from your Mailchimp account is permanently removed and can't be recovered.
- When you delete a contact, their personal information is deleted, and their data is anonymized in your reports.
- You will not be able to re-add a contact that was deleted unless they decided to join again through a Mailchimp signup form.
Here are the technical steps for deleting contacts:
- Go to your Mailchimp Profile page.
- Click the Audience icon.
- Click "All contacts".
- Click the contact that you want to delete.
- Click the "Actions menu" and choose "Remove contacts".
- Choose "Permanently delete" on the pop-up.
- Type PERMANENTLY DELETE (all in caps) and click Confirm.
Using Mine to delete contacts from multiple data sources:
Instead of manually managing deletion requests from multiple data sources, do it all from one place. The Mine PrivacyOps platform was developed to help companies save time and minimize the risk of errors while fulfilling multiple deletion requests with the click of a button. <nofollow>Try it for free<nofollow> and discover endless integrations and solutions to automate your data privacy management.