How to perform a GDPR deletion in HubSpot
To be compliant with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), in some cases, you will need to exercise the “the right to erasure” (also known as, the “right to be forgotten”) and complete user deletion requests from user management systems like HubSpot.
Manually reviewing, approving, and fulfilling multiple deletion requests in HubSpot and other data sources could become complicated and lead to human error. Notwithstanding the compliance risks that might lead to fines, and the effect it can have on your brand reputation could make it a costly issue.
Mine PrivacyOps developed an automated solution that helps companies complete erasure requests using API integrations. The Mine PrivacyOps HubSpot integration enables you to fulfill deletion requests from multiple data sources in minutes.
Here’s how to manually perform a GDPR deletion in HubSpot:
- Go to Contact in your Hubspot account.
- Click on the contact you want to delete.
- Click Actions in the left panel and select Delete.
- In the dialog box, select the Permanently delete option.
- Click Delete contact.
Important notes about deleting HubSpot users:
- According to HubSpot, it could take up to 30 days for the deletion request to be executed after the deletion was initiated.
- The following data will be deleted when the deletion request is fulfilled: contact details, analytics data, form submissions, feedback data, emails, notification data, meetings, conversion, and more.
Deleting user data from HubSpot and other data sources
Managing many erasure requests from multiple data sources can be painstaking and waste unnecessary working hours. We created Mine PrivacyOps to help companies save time and minimize the risk of errors while fulfilling deletion requests. <nofollow>Access our privacy portal<nofollow> to discover endless integrations and privacy solutions that will help you streamline and automate your data privacy management.